Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Nintendo Wii.....

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Nintendo Wii.....

    Was thinking about purchasing a Wii and wanted to get some insight and opinions from those who have it.

    I know most of the games are cartonish but if you get NCAA Football, Madden, or Tiger do the graphics still look like that or are they normal in comparison with PS3 and Xbox. I have never seen one or played one so just trying to get some info. How does it look on an HDTV.

    Also, has anyone actually used the Wii Fit. My wife wants that part of it and wasn't for sure how well it worked or what games were available.

    Any info is greatly appreciated.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    to be honest, if you want real gamers view points and such.. just got to http://www.ign.com or http://www.1up.com
    they usually have visuals, videos, and reviews.. and then they have message boards..

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    Thank you, that has helped quite a bit.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    not a problem

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    Not having played the PS3 or 360, I cannot comment on the graphical comparison.

    I will say this regarding gameplay on the Wii in reference to the football games. It is much more intuitive. I was leery at first, but IMO play is easier on the Wii than it ever was on the PS or PS2.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    WiiFit has some nice features, although some of its not very practical. Its kind of fun and is a good source for some lightish exercise.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    So your saying I really won't lose weight using WiiFIT while drinking an XL peanut butter banana milkshake? Dang.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    Hmmmm, peanut butter banana milkshake...

    Guess I gotta buy some vanilla ice cream tomorrow.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    I played the heck out of a Wii today. I played all of the games that come with it and then played Tiger. Graphics are not even close to a PS3 or XBox360, but, it was a lot more fun to play and not to mention I need shoulder surgery. I think I may get one just to get my fat ass off the couch.

    Boxing was fun and exhausting, knocked my mother out in the 1st Round [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] , she then took it out on me in bowling by beating me 235 - 213
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Nintendo Wii.....

    That is what I like about the Wii. The sports pack that comes with it is pretty gun.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •